The rise of NFTs is highly appreciable in the third quarter for 2021 since its inception. According to sources, NFTs will be even more popular, with big companies, musicians, artists, and others giving unique content on the digital assets in the preceding year. Being involved with the NFT markets matters to know what big giants are doing. The big market players are somehow the market makers, whose investment decisions dominate it in a certain market.
Here we have listed the top notable NFT investors you should keep following. It will help in examining the potential of the market and the scope of a certain asset.
- Andreessen Horowitz
Ben Horowitz and Marc Andreessen founded Andreessen Horowitz in 2009 as a venture capital company. Its headquarter is located in Menlo Park, California. It invests in both new ventures and established enterprises. They invest in Mobile, cryptocurrency, gaming, social, e-commerce, education, and business IT.
- Raised $9 billion for its venture capital, growth-stage, and biotech-focused vehicles.
- The first crypto fund was worth $300 million, the second was worth $515 million, and the third was worth around four times.
- Andreessen Horowitz was the primary investor in Opensea in a $23 million financing round.
- They contributed to Faraway, receiving $21 million in Series A investment.
- Andreessen Horowitz was a returning investor in a fresh $250 million fundraising round for Dapper Lab, which uses blockchain technology to provide NFTs and other types of digital interactions.
- Andreessen Horowitz was one of the primary investors in a $725 million Series B investment round for Forte, a blockchain NFT-based gaming platform.
- Royal, an NFT-based music rights firm, received a stunning $55 million in Series A financing from Andreessen Horowitz in November 2021, while NFT-based music startup sound. xyzan announces the completion of a $5 million seed round backed by Andreessen Horowitz.
Coatue Management LLC, located in New York, is a worldwide investment firm. Its investments are concentrated on the technology, media, and telecommunications sectors, both public and commercial.
- In January 2022, they announced a $300 million investment deal with OpenSea
- Coatue led the funding of a total of $555 million for Dapper Lab, which is an NTF-based company.
Benchmark is a venture capital that is based in San Francisco, USA. They provide seed money to startups.
- In 2021, Benchmark did a $730 million funding for Sorare in total, a football-based NFT marketplace.
- Moonrock Capital
Moonrock Capital is based in London and Hamburg. It is a Blockchain Advisory and Investment Partnership. They believe that Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies will alter how businesses and marketplaces work globally. They are committed to assisting both new and existing enterprises in accelerating their development and thriving in this field.
- Moonrock Capital led a $4 million private fundraising program for GameFi platform GoFungibles which is built on Polygon blockchain
- Credefi (founded to resolve DeFi and TradFi issues) came out of a completed $1.8M raise led by Marshland Capital and Moonrock Capital.
- In 2020, Moonrock Capital co-led an initial seed round raising over $2 million for CoinBurp.
- In 2021, Moonrock Capital announced an undisclosed amount of investment in Exeedme, a play-to-earn gaming platform.
- The firm also invested an undisclosed amount in Showcase, a social NFT app bridging the gap between influencers and fans.
- It also announced an undisclosed investment in Phuture, a decentralized protocol built to create and invest token-based passive investment in a web3 environment.
- It announced another undisclosed investment in Jenny, a community-controlled metaverse DAO launching an NFT collection.
- Animoca Brands
Animoca is a pioneer in digital entertainment, gamification, and blockchain. With a diverse product portfolio, it aims to be one of the most innovative companies in the world. A involves the subsidiaries including The Sandbox, Blowfish Studios, GAMEE, Pixowl, and Lympo.
- CryptoSlam, a non-fungible token (NFT) industry data aggregator, has closed an oversubscribed $9 million funding round by Animoca Brands.
- In Dec 2021, Brinc closed a $30 million Series B and a further $100 million for startup investments with Animoca Brands.
- In November 2021, Animoca Brands led a seeds fundraising of $2.7 million for a 3D NFT marketplace for building the metaverse, MetaMundo.
- It was also involved in raising $10 million in funds for Unicly.
- In October 2021, Animoca Brands was a part of a seed funding round of $8.3 million for Genopets, an NFT move-to-earn gaming platform where players are rewarded for the steps they take in real life.
- Divergence Venture
Divergence Ventures is a venture capital business established in 2020 with its headquarters in San Francisco, California. The company is looking to make investments in cryptocurrencies.
- In January 2021, Divergence ventures raised $6.8 million for Fractional, art, and entertainment NFT firm.
- In February 2021, they raised $2 million for Async Art, an NFT-based art company.
- In September 2021, Divergence Ventures raised funding of $10 million for Cybertino, an NFT-based Infrastructure company.
- They helped Project Galaxy raise undisclosed money.
- Coinbase Ventures
Coinbase was founded in 2012 with the innovative premise that anybody, everywhere, should transfer and withdraw Bitcoin effortlessly and securely. They are now providing a user-friendly platform for accessing the larger crypto economy. They intend to create a crypto-economy that is more equitable, accessible, efficient, and transparent.
- In May 2021, Coinbase Ventures was part of raising a pre-seed round fund of $500,000 for Anima, an augmented Reality NFT platform.
- In September 2021, they were also part of a Series A fundraising of $30 million for Makersplace, an NFT-based digital Arts platform.
Here mentioned above are a few startups themselves with almost a decade of survival in the industry. With the size of investment in NFTs and their gains, one can depict the potential of NFTs. Since venture capital firms are highly interested in NFT investment, the blockchain still involves high risk because of deregulation issues.